Lethal Response Unit
Lethal Response Unit
Lethal Response Unit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

North Texas Airsoft Team

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inMain NTA Forum
Welcome Seven to the team!

Some tactical ideas for LRU

Go down 
+2
Bodycount
Colt
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Colt

Colt

Some tactical ideas for LRU Empty
PostSubject: Some tactical ideas for LRU   Some tactical ideas for LRU EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 12:04 am

For Ops i suggest these things:
1. Radios and headsets
2. A D.A.B. Which is my own acronym for Deployable Ammo Bag. What it is is basically a bag full of mags! That one member carries and if we are defending a fortified position our guys can grab mags from mag pile in bag if they need one quick.
3. Every member having a Thunder B grenade couldnt hurt
4. The same pistol, so if one member decides to shoot all his pistol ammo in vain then a sharing member can give him a mag.
5. Better layout of the squad roles.
6. instead of one big squad 2 fireteams( smaller than squad)
Back to top Go down
Bodycount

Bodycount

PostSubject: Re: Some tactical ideas for LRU   Some tactical ideas for LRU EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 12:34 am

Ok here go lol.

Radios yes, i can also look into getting our patch logo printed on it or ill have it made into pictures. We would have to have all the same radios and preferably throat mics or a headset or w.e.

D.A.B. is a good idea but, where would we get the money for the mags? and who would carry them? Who would buy the mags and ammo? those are the questions wee have to answer.

Thunder B's ive seen are pretty expensive.

Pistol thing is probably out of the question because as this team grows into a larger quantity, people have their own preferences in a pistol. i personally dont like the 1911 others do.

Aerosmith will probably get those up soon. (Aero if you'd like me to take over by all means i will)

Squad is like 4-5 people we may be able to break it down to a fire team 2-3

i appreciate your questions/ideas keep em coming guys
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001911319660
Aerosmith

PostSubject: Re: Some tactical ideas for LRU   Some tactical ideas for LRU EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 1:28 am

I will arrange smaller fireteams when the team is larger.

Thunder B's aren't a bad idea but really kinda useless unless we are playing CQB.

The D.A.B. isn't a bad idea but like Cody said, there are a few problems that need to be addressed.

For the pistols: I can't see that working. Like Cody said not everyone has the same taste in pistols and I'm not going to force someone to carry a pistol they're not comfortable with. If you tend to waste ammo like that, but more mags, simple as that.
Back to top Go down
Bodycount

Bodycount

PostSubject: Re: Some tactical ideas for LRU   Some tactical ideas for LRU EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 1:37 am

Pistols are ment for that "holy S*** moment" and when you go into buildings other than that i never use mine
Back to top Go down
Aerosmith

PostSubject: Re: Some tactical ideas for LRU   Some tactical ideas for LRU EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 1:52 am

I use my 5-7 more than I use my rifles. I've trained myself to conserve ammo enough that I only need one mag and a speedloader.
Back to top Go down
Azrael

Azrael

PostSubject: Re: Some tactical ideas for LRU   Some tactical ideas for LRU EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 8:06 am

1.Yes,plain and simple.Radios are essential to working as a cohesive and effective unit
2.Creative to say the least,but not all guns use the same magazines.STANAGs are pretty common so it'd be a safe bet to keep those around,but whose to say we won't end up with someone that prefers AKs or w/e?
3.Not a bad idea but (most likely due to hours spent playing FPS games) I can't stand grenades,and I don't really have a place for it on my rig
4.If you want to get a KJW M9 I'll be more than happy to share mags,lol

5. & .6 are up to Aerosmith
Back to top Go down
Colt

Colt

PostSubject: Re: Some tactical ideas for LRU   Some tactical ideas for LRU EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 1:31 pm

Thanks for input i was just throwing ideas out there.
Back to top Go down
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Some tactical ideas for LRU   Some tactical ideas for LRU EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 2:05 pm

Like the DAB idea, although I will be carrying possibly 2 extra highcaps for buddymags. (just come come up and say "I need a mag" I need to know that your actaully in dire need of one. I paint my mags so they are easy to recognize.) Also, I tend to go heavy in games, and I can probalby find room in my MULE to fit a bag or two of bbs.

Radios, I have a good pair, but I need a headset and a PTT thingy.

There is a guy on another forum selling M4 mids for cheap. I think he's got 32 mids for $5 each. I may be able to get some for the team if we all chip in. We just have to make sure to return them to the team locker box thingy when we are done for the day.
Back to top Go down
Bodycount

Bodycount

PostSubject: Re: Some tactical ideas for LRU   Some tactical ideas for LRU EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 2:07 pm

well we will have to decide who our Supply "Officer" will be. i may do it as i am the Supply NCOIC in my JROTC corps
Back to top Go down
Colt

Colt

PostSubject: Re: Some tactical ideas for LRU   Some tactical ideas for LRU EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 12:35 am

I have buddy mags in my small hydration carrier with zipper tabs all you gotta do is double tap my left shoulder and ill say clear if you can take a mag
Back to top Go down
Azrael

Azrael

PostSubject: Re: Some tactical ideas for LRU   Some tactical ideas for LRU EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 12:58 am

Paint the mags hot pink or something.Might not be great for camoflague but it'd be next to impossible to lose them then
Back to top Go down
Triarius

Triarius

PostSubject: Re: Some tactical ideas for LRU   Some tactical ideas for LRU EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 5:42 pm

Put the color at the top of the mag so that its covered by the mag well when in use or covered by your mag pouch when not in use. You will be able to see it when its lost on the ground or something. That's what I do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some tactical ideas for LRU   Some tactical ideas for LRU Empty

Back to top Go down

Some tactical ideas for LRU
Page 1 of 1